where you'll Uncover
Your Creative Style
Are you tired of searching for great classes and real community all over the internet?
"I built The Studio so that all the classes, resources, and community that you need to uncover your creative style is all in one place, with new lessons delivered to your inbox every single week."
~Liz Kohler Brown
Here is how we'll uncover your creative style...
The growing collection of classes on iPad illustration, surface design, lettering, and passive income for artists will show you all the creative paths to choose from, and let you try them on for size.
Live Studio Sessions & Critiques
Every month we have one Studio Session and one Studio Critique where members can draw together in a live-tutorial setting and get advice about their creative goals, artwork, and strategy.
The Studio Community
In this private (and super-active!) member's forum you can share your work, ask questions, and connect with other artists and designers around the world.
Studio Chats with Experts & Members
In these chats you'll hear from both professional artists and designers, and Studio Members of all levels in one-on-one chats with me. All members can apply for a chat where we can discuss your style, goals, and questions.
Is The Studio for you?
✦ Are you stuck in a creative rut, where you perpetually sample other styles rather than finding your own?
✦ Do you feel like your patterns look like everyone else’s?
✦ Are you looking for answers to questions about running a successful print-on-demand shop?
✦ Do you wonder how some designers create a recognizable style that helps them sell their work?
✦ Are you having trouble "cracking the code" on how to get started with art licensing?
If so, then The Studio is where you'll find answers to all of your burning questions!
Liz Kohler Brown
Artist | Designer | Author | Creative Maximalist
“Inside The Studio, artists and designers uncover their creative styles through classes, live sessions, and resources for marketing and selling your art.”
Who is this membership for?
- ✦ Creatives who love drawing on their iPads and want to get new inspiration, brushes, and classes every month to keep their creative juices flowing.
- ✦ Artists/designers in a creative rut who want to experience motivation and community from other creatives around the world.
- ✦ Anyone with an iPad who is trying to find their style and sell their work. This membership is the resource I wish I had when I was searching for my style!
"Thank you Liz for this membership and all of the insightful classes and resources. I have gotten so much out of being a member, it has really changed how I feel and work when making art. It was just what I needed!"
"I'm working through the Uncover Your Style Workshop, and I'm so relieved to have some concrete steps to take to figure out what I like and where to begin."
"I wanted to say thank you Liz for this platform, what a great opportunity to connect and learn along other creatives. I have just finished the layout class and found it so helpful, can't wait to learn more and share my work."
Browse the Library
of 500+ Resources
In The Studio, you'll have access to all of my 500+ (and growing!) resources incuding:
- Procreate Brushes
- Digital Textures
- Affinity Designer Assets
"Procreate brush sets like these sell for $20+ each on sites like Creative Market. When you join The Studio you'll get instant access to all the brushes + super-fun project-based tutorials on how to use them."
Liz Kohler Brown
- For these (live and recorded) sessions, I plan a project and provide some inspiration and resources like reference images, Procreate brushes, or pattern templates.
- These are relaxed, informal sessions where you can follow along as closely (or as loosely!) as you like, feeling free to ask questions and show your work-in-progress as we create together.
- I will be creating in either Procreate or Affinity Designer, but you can use any app or medium you like.
- The projects are based around trending themes and formats, and special requests from Studio Members.
- ✦ Studio Members have the opportunity to share their work with me via their social profiles, websites, or image files to get feedback.
- ✦ We get together in a live call and talk about ways to grow and improve. It's okay if you can't come to the live session though as I'll still review your work in the call.
- ✦ You could ask for specific advice, for example, "How can I get started with art licensing?" or ask a more general question to help guide your path like "Which style should I be focusing on right now?".
- In these recorded one-on-one chats I sit down with either a member of The Studio for a "member chat" or a professional artist/designer for an "expert chat".
- In the member chats, I work with a member of The Studio to establish a plan for achieving their goals. We troubleshoot things that aren't working, and develop a clear plan for moving forward without uncertainty.
- In the expert chats, I ask designers and artists who are successfully selling their work about their path, strategies, and "industry hacks". These are a favorite of Studio Members!
- Recent Chats include:
- Getting Your Work Into the World with Peggy Dean
- Watercolor and Digital Art with Amarilys Henderson
- Licensing From the Ground Up with Shannon McNab
- Mindy Young aka Indybloomdesign on Spoonflower Success and Licensing
- ✦ New iPad art & design classes
- ✦ Monthly live drawing sessions
- ✦ Monthly live critiques
- ✦ Monthly podcast style interviews and coaching sessions
- ✦ Monthly tutorials and resources on iPad art and design, marketing for creatives, and selling your work
- ✦ Monthly drawing challenges
Hear from a member:
"I just loved the simplicity and beautiful results from the block print live class. It took a while to get used to the Linocut brushes, but was worth the practice. This is the beginning of my Stella Maris, Star of the Sea collection."
There's a seat
in The Studio!
When you become a member of The Studio you are taking a seat beside me so you can see my processes, learn how I sell my work, and make progress on your journey to developing your own creative style.
Preview The Studio
The Studio is full of classes, conversations, critiques, and live events designed to help you find your style through experimentation and practice. Here are a couple of the new classes you'll have instant access to when you join:
Each month The Studio helps support artisans in developing countries in buying supplies and equipment that help them grow their businesses and support their families and communities. These are a few of the artisans we supported this year with a business loan.
"This month I launched my basic portfolio site AND I was able to set two new collections live on Spoonflower today thanks to all of Liz’s amazing pattern courses."
"Big thanks to Liz for all the great POD makeover classes. I've used so much of the info you shared, including using ChatGPT to help with a lot of the copy and tags."
"Pleased to have added 3 more designs to my safari friends prints collection and made them available for sale on my Etsy shop. Definitely taking Liz’s advice about working in collections going forward and time blocking."
the "style finder" guarantee
"If you get inside The Studio and feel it doesn't have what you would need to uncover your style, we will refund your whole payment, no questions asked! You have two full weeks to try it out and see what you think!"
~Liz Kohler Brown
Join the Studio
Get immediate access to the 50+ classes, live and recorded sessions, and Studio Community.
best value for long-term members
$280 (equals $24/month)*
*With this option, you're getting 2 free months compared to paying monthly.
What Members Are Saying
"I love using the layouts, thanks so much for this class and resources. I can't imagine going back to my old pattern method of just winging it. I'm so much happier with these patterns that look/feel better organized."
"I joined this week, and I must say I'm so impressed by how everything feels like home!"
"Thank you so much for taking the time to review my Zazzle shop in your POD series! I learned so much! Your POD series has been so helpful...now I just need to implement what I've learned!"